El Mundo de Monte's Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Steve Green The Ultimate Collection



One of my all-time favorite CDs is "Steve Green The Ultimate Collection". This CD may be my all-time favorite CD. Steve Green's music permeates my brain and my heart and I am a happier person because of that. I am one of the biggest fans of Steve Green West of the Mississippi River. Perhaps East of the Mississippi too. I became a Christian in 1987. I fell away from my faith in September of 1995. I came back to my faith in Christ in October of 2005. For the ten years of my life that I was a backslider from 1995 to 2005, I doubt that even one day passed when one of Steve Green's songs was not in my mind. I was not only constantly hearing his music in my head but I would often find myself singing his songs. This from someone who was no longer trusting in Christ as Savior. After ten years I finally regained my faith and just in time to fully enjoy the 25 songs on Steve's two CD greatest hits compilation. I bought mine at CD Universe. I have listened to many times and I try to listen to it at least once a week, and I hope to do so for the rest of my life. THANK YOU Steve Green !
"The Ultimate Collection" is one of those CDs that would be my answer to.."if you were stranded on a desert island and could have a CD player and only one CD to listen to...". Steve Green sings many of my all-time favorite songs. Disc one has some of them including "Broken And Spilled Out", "He Holds The Keys", "God And God Alone", "Find Us Faithful", "I Can See (On The Emmaus Road)" and "People Need The Lord". The first two songs I listed are songs that start slow and then become stirring ballads. Disc two has 12 songs including one of my favorites called "We Believe" which is a song that starts slow and then builds to a crescendo and could move even an atheist to drop to his/her knees and accept Christ as Savior. Many of Steve's songs have that capability. Steve Green's music didn't bring me to Jesus but it did bring me back to Christ. Disc two also has the songs "God Causes All Things To Grow", "He Who Began A Good Work In You", "Embrace The Cross", "That's Where The Mercy Begins" and "Oh I Want To Know You More". Going back to disc one, you will also be blessed with "When His Kingdom Comes", "Household Of Faith", "Cherish The Treasure", "A Mighty Fortress" and "Enter In". The lyrics are NOT included with the two CDs but a songbook can be bought separately. More info can be found as Steve's site called
www.stevegreenministries.org .

If you are looking for some CDs to add to your Christian music collection, I would HIGHLY recommend this one.
DISC ONE
1. People Need The Lord
2. Pleasures Of The King
3. God & God Alone
4. Find Us Faithful
5. Broken & Spilled Out
6. He Holds The Keys
7. Household Of Faith
8. Grace By Which I Stand
9. Cherish The Treasure
10. Revive, Us, Oh Lord
11. God Of Wonders
12. The Faithful
13. Teach Me To Love
14. I Want To Know You More
15. We Trust In The Name Of The Lord Our God
16. Enter In
17. When His Kingdom Comes

DISC TWO
1. I Can See
2. Touch Your People Once Again
3. He Is Good
4. The Letter
5. We Believe
6. A Mighty Fortress
7. What Wonderous Love Is This
8. God Caused All Things To Grow
9. I Offer Myself
10. Let Us Praise The Almighty
11. That's Where His Mercy Begins
12. Cross Medley
13. Sacrifice Of Praise
14. He Who Began A Good Work
15. Embrace The Cross
16. I Repent

May 30, 2007 WED. 3:00 PM

No comments: