El Mundo de Monte's Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Who is Monte Mendoza ?



I would like to tell a little about myself. I was born in Phoenix and I have lived in Phoenix, South Scottsdale, Tempe and Mesa during my life. I went to Yavapai Elementary School on Miller RD in Scottsdale, Arizona. I went to Coronado High School in Scottsdale in the late seventies. I graduated in the top 95% of my graduating class...near the bottom of that top 95%. Seriously, I was in the top 10% of my class. I owe some of that credit to my older brother, Tim P. Mendoza. He mentored me in Algebra and Geometry. My favorite class was Spanish, which I had for three years. I later took two semesters of Spanish at Mesa Community College. I always got straight A's in Spanish in high school and at MCC too.
I was married in the mid-1980's to Anne Hector. We lasted just over three years and four months. She was, and I pray that she still is, a great human being. I still think about her almost daily. For what it is worth, I still love her as much today as I did the day she and I were married. However, some things are not meant to be. In a perfect world, I would still married to her today and we would have a daughter named Anne, and three sons named Monte JR, Monte II and Monte III. That seesm strange to have four Monte's in one family, I know. Just think though about how simple it would be for my wife to call us all in for dinner..."Monte and Anne, let's eat !!!".
On September 1, 1995 I stopped trusting in Christ as my Savior because of personal problems that I was having, including my depression. Depression is a problem that I have had most of my life. I am happy to say that thanks in large part to the songs of Christian singer Steve Green that were always playing in my mind and being sung by me constantly, I came back to my faith in Jesus Christ as Savior on Sunday, October 2, 2005 at 10:10 PM, Arizona time.
Many people, of all ages, have ended their lives or tried to end their lives because of problems that they were facing in their lives. Personally, I have considered ending my life far too many times. However, I have come to realize that I can do more to make this world a better place while I am living as opposed to being six feet under ground or having my ashes poured out over some majestic landscape. That is true for you too !!! No matter who you are, what you do for a living, where you live, what you like, who you love, what you have done, ETC !
YOU can do more to make OUR world a better place too IF you decide to live and to FORGET about suicide FOREVER !!!
Don't let other people's opinions shape the way that you feel about yourself !!!
Learn to love yourself just as GOD loves you !!!
May 30, 2007 WED. 1:00 PM

No comments: